Sunday 7 April 2013

RODZINKA CAFE - FOR YOUNG AND OLD


 

A cold, cloudy afternoon. My bored niece called Little My is sitting on a sofa, demanding cake and children's games. Things aren't looking good. It seems that the only solution is to find a place which will provide her not only with sweets but also with entertainment suitable for a four-year-old girl. After a quick search on the Internet, I find Rodzinka Cafe (Family Cafe). We put on our warm jackets and set off on a mission.

 

When we arrive, it turns out that Rodzinka Cafe is something between a cafe and a kindergarten playroom. Little My immediately throws herself into a whirl of play. First, she enthusiastically plays with a wooden railway, demolishing the whole wooden city. Luckily, there are no fatalities. After a few moments she turns her attention to stuffed animals and then to colouring books and jigsaw puzzles. But a rocking horse with a real saddle with stirrups becomes her favourite. In the meantime, we play a family game called "Where is the frog?". Obviously Little My wins.

 
We are so engrossed in the games that we forget to take pictures of food, which is a pity as the food was really nice. Little My drinks thick cocoa and sneaks my home-made fruit cake. I have to settle for fresh apple juice and the leftovers of the cake. The only thing we are not delighted with are cream rolls ordered by My.


Full and happy, we get ready to head home. We say goodbye to the nice waitress and the lonely rocking horse. Putting on our hats and scarves, we step from the warm, cheerful cafe onto the freezing Floriańska Street. Lyttle My says she can't wait to visit Rodzinka Cafe again. :)

Wersja polska
More photos 


Address: ul. Floriańska 15, Kraków