Wednesday 22 January 2014

DUBLIN, CARNIVAL AND ART – JANUARY ON MY BLOG

Frans Snyders, A Banquet-piece, late 1620s
I was complaining that December was one of the busiest months but I didn't know what January had in store for me: lots of translation projects, taking care of my five-year-old niece, Little My, baking gingerbreads with my friends (something I didn't have time for before Christmas), and on top of that a trip to Dublin. And they say that the beginning of the year is usually uneventful... Fortunately, now I have more time so in the following weeks you can expect new things on my blog.

Frans Snyders, A Banquet-piece, late 1620s

1. First of all, I've changed the blog's background, which I hope is now more readable. What do you think about it? Just to remind you, that's how it looked before the revamp:


2. Apart from a few reviews of some very nice restaurants (such as Zazie) in the pipeline, I will soon post a short account of my weekend break in Dublin. Do you know what the Irish cuisine is famous for? How to hide Guinness bitter aftertaste? Where to eat nice fresh seafood? The answers will be revealed this weekend. :)


3. To keep the good mood, this Sunday (26 Jan 2014) a carnival edition of my favourite food festival in Kraków, Najedzeni Fest!, will take place in Forum Przestrzenie. Here you can read about the festival's autumn edition. Are you going to be there?



4. As promised, this year I'm going to add to my blog a new section on food and culture. I will write about my favourite books, paintings and films which contain some interesting food themes. I already have plenty of ideas but if there's anything special you would like to read about, please let me know. I love your inspirations. :)


Pieter Brueghel the Younger, Peasant Wedding, 1620
5. At the top of the page there's a new tab with the list of the restaurants I've already reviewed. New tabs will be added shortly.

Stay tuned! :)


PS. All the paintings were photographed in the National Gallery of Ireland in Dublin.