Sunday 27 October 2013

NAJEDZENI FEST (AUTUMN EDITION) - WHIRL OF TASTES


Do you also feel that recently there has been a food festival in Kraków on almost every weekend? I'm glad of it because I love the whirl of festival colours, tastes and smells. They make me feel like a child at a (culinary) funfair.




An exceptionally strong whirl caught me today in Hotel Forum, the venue of Najedzeni Fest Festival - Autumn Edition. Lots of dishes from around the world, lots of tasty wines and lots of interesting people who wanted to share their passion with us.




Unfortunately I didn't manage to take part in any workshops or conferences but walking around the four big banquet rooms, talking to the vendors and tasting their products was exciting enough. Below you can find a few of the most interesting moments from the festival.



Two charming Italians, signor Cesare Candido from Akademia Kuchni Włoskiej and signora Chiara Grella from Fattorie Del Duca gave me some interesting-tasting polenta (Italian dish made of cornmeal boiled into a porridge) with truffle butter and mushrooms. In the photo you can see signor Cesare with a big pot of polenta.


I also tasted a few wines and my favourites were slightly fruity Australian Chardonnay recommended by a very nice sommelier from Dom Wina...




... and red Georgian wine Khvanchkara served by Supra, which apparently was Stalin's favourite wine. But I'm not sure if Stalin's approval is a good or bad thing. ;)




I was also tempted to try a mysterious green drink from Storeko. It turned out to be barley grass juice, which didn't taste particularly good but it's reportedly very healthy.


And finally, I bought a loaf of home made bread from GabaBa Eco Chleb, whose stall was beautifully decorated with autumn flowers and fruits.



There were so many stands and products that it would be impossible to mention all of them. But you can find more information in the photo gallery on my facebook page or on the Festival's offical website.



And what did you like most? :)


Photo gallery: here

Festival's website www.najedzenifest.blogspot.com

PS. On your right you can find a new tool - contact form. So if you have any thoughts on my blog or restaurants in Kraków, feel free to drop me an email. :)