Saturday 14 June 2014

ROME, WARSAW, CRACOW – MY CULINARY TRIPS

Chocolate in Venice
To be honest, I hadn't intended to stay away from my blog for so long. But I was swamped with work and then the longer I procrastinated, the more difficult it was to get down to work and write my weekly posts. But here I am again to tell you about my culinary trips and reveal a few announcements regarding my blog. :)

Roman motto
In April, I spent a lovely weekend in Rome, where I lived on art and Roman pizza. A full account will appear on my blog very soon!

Aleksander Gierymski, In the Arbour1882, detail.
My trip to Warsaw was less exotic but equally interesting. I went there to see the exhibition of Aleksander Gierymski, a famous Polish 19th-century painter, and to do research for an article on food in art which will appear in Apetyt, a magazine published by Kraków bloggers. More details to follow.

Café Rue de Paris, Warszawa
While in Warsaw, I discovered a very nice French bistro, Café Rue de Paris, which is situated near the roof garden of the University of Warsaw Library. The café offers delicious quiches, tasty cakes, very good coffee and nice ambiance. I'm sure it'll be one of my favourite destinations during my future trips to Warsaw.

Chochołowy Dwór
I've also visited a few restaurants in and around Kraków, including Zbójcy w Pałacu and Chochołowy Dwór, but sadly I didn't it like any of them well enough to go back there and write a review...

Wielopole 3, Kraków
Fortunately, my favourite places in the Jewish quarter Kazimierz: Kolanko No. 6 and Bombonierka are still great so I could safely invite there my fussy family from abroad. In the meantime, I also discovered two inconspicuous but very tasty restaurants: Wielopole 3 and Dobra Kasza Nasza. You can expect their reviews quite soon.

"Sherlock" - BBC series
Finally, I've decided to write more articles about food in culture and I'm currently working on my posts about food in Jane Austen's times and in my favourite TV show “Sherlock.” So stay tuned! :)

Zbójcy w Pałacu, Kraków
PS. If you want to know what food festivals will take place in Kraków and Lesser Poland (Małopolska) region this summer, you can check out the new tab on my blog: Food Festivals - Summer 2014. :)

Artichokes in Rome